Connecting a Canon printer to a laptop is possible by either going with the wired or wireless method. The details of both of these methods are mentioned here. Once you understand the details, you will surely know how to connect a Canon printer to a laptop.
Canon printers are pretty much spotted in homes, schools, offices, universities, and other institutions. They are very good for cardstock printing. They remain compatible to connect with multiple devices like laptops, tablets, and phones.
Guide on connecting a Canon Printer to Laptop by USB cable
- You can connect printers to laptops with the help of a USB cable. The first step is to turn off the printer. Grab one end of the cable and make it insert into the printer’s connection panel.
- Now, grab the other end of the cable and inject it into your laptop’s USB port.
- Turn on the printer and open a browser. Access the official website of Canon printer.
- The next step is to download the printer driver and OS.
- Go to the Start menu; it is located at the bottom left corner section of the screen. Now, open the control panel, hit on the hardware button, and access the sound menu.
- Enter on the Devices and Printers option and click on the option of Add a printer.
- The user has to select the Local Printer option. Meanwhile, select the printer port from the list of ports available in front of you.
- Simply, hit on the canon printer port option and select the correct printer model.
- Hit on ‘’next’’ and allow your printer to get shared and connected with your laptop.
- You can even keep the Canon printer to remain set as the default printer for your laptop.
- Hit on the Finish tab, and you are done with the process.
Guide on connecting a Canon Printer to Laptop with the wireless method
You can now check out the wireless method, and hopefully, you will find it easy to follow. This method is known as Wi-Fi protected setup method, and here you connect your printer to the desired printer wirelessly.
- Turn on the printer! Keep on pressing and holding the Wi-Fi button that is located on the printer. The lamp flashes blue, and that is an indication that Wi-Fi settings have been turned on.
- Reach to the access point. Next, press the WPS button within two minutes.
- You will see that the connection between your printer and laptop appears. The Wi-Fi lamps will flash.
- That is all; your printer and laptop device are now connected!
Thus, both wired and wireless methods ensure smooth printing operations; stay tuned for more updates. If you have not yet connected your Canon printer to your laptop, follow the methods mentioned earlier and let us know your reviews. If you still find any issues, we will further guide you.