Do you want to know how to get Epson printer online? For some of the Epson printers, it is hard to understand that why their printer is not working or is showing offline when it is already on and is ready for printing. If the printer is showing the error of “offline”, then it is obvious that it is indicating that the computer system is not ready to function.
But don’t worry; we are here to rescue you out of this problem! Here we have shared 5 simple steps tutorial with which you can learn how you can get Epson printer online very easily. Let’s have a look.
Step 1: Check all connections to Epson printer
Most of the people do not move to the troubleshooting solutions straight away because for them issue in the printer is requiring to replace it. But sometimes replacement is not the only option left.
If the printer is displaying an error of offline, then it means that there is a communication error with computer. Or it might be happening due to some physical connection errors such as with the cables which are not attached with the wired connection properly. Loose connection has always remained the main cause of not letting the printer to work correctly.
You should be checking your USB cable and make sure that it is seated accordingly with both ends firmly. If not, then replace it with an extra USB cable and figure out if the error is resolved or not.
Step 2: Set-up your Epson printer to the “Online” manually
- Click the start option located at the bottom left side of your screen.
- Select the option of control panel and choose the option “devices and printers”.
For troubleshooting the Epson printer offline for the Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 you have to:
- Click the start option and then choose Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Right click the Epson printer from the list and click the option “see what’s printing”.
- After it, the window pop-up from which you have to choose printer from the top bar.
- From drop-down menu, choose the option “Use Printer online”.
Step 3: Cancelling all jobs of pending printing
- Right click at the option of Epson printer from the list and choose the option “see what’s printing”.
- Right-click and then select Cancel for removing any sort of current print jobs.
- Now select the option of “Use Printer online” once again.
- If you still find the error, you have to restart your printer and computer system again.
Step 4: Reinstallation of Epson Printer
- Go to Start menu and choose the option, Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the option of Epson printer from the list and choose “Remove Device”.
- Visit the official site of “Epson” and download the printer drivers latest versions according to your Epson printer model
If the reinstallation of the printer does not assist you, then you can remove the printer driver and packages by following the steps we have mentioned above for you. Go for it now!
Step 5: Removing all printer drivers and packages
- Log into the user account with your Admin privileges.
- Visit the Start menu and click All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- In command prompt window, you have to type printui /s /t2. This command will open up the Print Properties window for you.
- Now remove the option of Driver and Package for your printer through the list.
- Perform the printer reinstallation by using the option “add printers”.
That’s all for how to get Epson printer online. Follow these 5 steps and you will get your Epson printer online. If you are looking for budget friendly printers under $200 then you can consider trying Epson WF-2830.